Tuesday 3 January 2017

Motherhood is a Task, Just Don't Let Everyone Know It!

“My Dearest, we all know motherhood is a task but you’re not supposed let everyone know it.”

My Grandmother's words were echoing through my mind as I sat at the breakfast bar, peering down at the pictures in the Veterinary Times, whilst sporting a bed-head that even a Highland Cow would be proud of and eating Alpin with a Mr. Men spoon. But what did she mean, you’re not supposed to let everyone know it!? If making motherhood look effortless is some sort of secret, someone really needs to let me in on it because right now I’m pretty sure I am painful to watch.

Snap out of it Louise its 7:08am and the children are still in bed!

Let me introduce myself, My name is Louise Samuel-Napier, wife of Chris and mother to three wonderful children (most of the time), Ethan (8) Darcey (5) and Eliza (4), we have a cat called Edmond, a Shetland pony called Macca Packa and two guinea pigs whom are without name, because we simply gave up naming them after the fifth one popped its clogs. I'm currently studying veterinary medicine at the Royal Veterinary College,  a course I love with a passion, so much so that I’m about to be late for my 9:00am dissection, and those of you who are familiar with the Infamous Mr. Crooke, will know it won't go unnoticed!

We moved to Hertfordshire in September of 2015 from the quaint country life of rural County Down, where I worked as a veterinary technician in a mixed practice. My husband’s work required him to go to London and I had always wanted to be a vet so it seemed like the perfect plan!  Anyway to cut a long story short we packed up our old life hopped on a boat and voilà! We arrived on the marvelous, rocky coast of England with ……(wait for it) no house, no nursery or school for our kids and not a familiar faces in sight, not to mention we hadn’t the slightest idea of the enormity of the task we were about to undertake! But actually that’s a story for another day...!



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck..... Lovely lovely to read this.

    ReplyDelete